FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What are the library hours?
For a listing of our current hours visit our Library Hours page.
2. Who can check out books/videos from Sueltenfuss Library?
Current OLLU students, staff, faculty, and alumni can check out materials with an OLLU ID Card. OLLU Sisters (CDP), TexShare Cardholders, and Community Users will need a blue OLLU Library Card, available from the Sueltenfuss Library Check Out Desk, to check out materials.
3. If I check out a book, how long do I get to borrow it?
Book Checkout periods are as follows:
|Borrower Status||Checkout Period||Renewals|
|OLLU Undergraduate Students||2 weeks||1|
|OLLU Graduate Students||4 weeks||1|
|OLLU Doctoral Students||15 weeks||1|
|OLLU Online students||15 weeks||1|
|OLLU Faculty||15 weeks||1|
|OLLU Staff||4 weeks||1|
|OLLU CDP||4 weeks||1|
|OLLU Alumni||2 weeks||1|
|TexShare Cardholders||2 weeks||none|
|Community Users||2 weeks||none|
4. If I check out a video, how long can I borrow it?
Media Checkout periods are as follows:
|Borrower Status||Checkout Period||Renewals|
|OLLU Undergraduate Students||1 week (3 item limit)||none|
|OLLU Graduate Students||1 week (3 item limit)||none|
|OLLU Doctoral Students||1 week (3 item limit)||none|
|OLLU Online Students||2 weeks (3 item limit)||1|
|OLLU Faculty||2 weeks (no item limit)||1|
|OLLU Staff||1 week (3 item limit)||1|
|OLLU CDP||1 week (3 item limit)||1|
|OLLU Alumni||No Media Checkout Privileges||N/A|
|TexShare Cardholders||No Media Checkout Privileges||N/A|
|Community Users||No Media Checkout Privileges||N/A|
5. What are the fines if I return a book late?
Overdue books are .25 per day per item with a $10.00 maximum.
6. What are the fines if I return a video late?
Overdue videos are $1.00 per day per item with a $10.00 maximum.
7. How do I look for a book at the library?
You look for books through the library's catalog which you can reach on the library homepage. The most common way to search the catalog is by title but you can also search by author's name, subject, keywords or phrase. You can also limit your search by the year the book was published, language of the book, item type, or format. If you need help, you can contact a librarian.
8. If the Sueltenfuss Library does not have a article or book I need, can I still get a copy of it?
Yes, if you are a student, staff, faculty, or CDP of the university in good standing, you can submit an Interlibrary Loan request, also known as Get It 4 Me.
9. My teacher has put some items on "reserve", how can I check these items out?
Articles, books and video reserve items are kept at the Sueltenfuss Library Checkout Desk. If you have specific questions regarding reserve material visit our Library Reserves page.
10. If I need library research help, who do I contact?
You can contact one of the OLLU reference librarians by email, by phone at 210-434-6711 x8236 or toll free at 1-800-846-4085, or in person at the Ask a Librarian Desk.
11. What types of audio-visual equipment is available at the library?
The library has TVs, VCRs, DVD players, and tape recorders for patrons to use. This equipment is available on a first come-first serve basis.
12. Can I bring food/drinks into the library?
Food is not allowed in the library, but you can bring beverages in a closed-lid container.
13. How do I get to Our Lady of the Lake University?
Find directions to Our Lady of the Lake University from I-35 South, I-35 North, I-10 East, I-10 West(Houston), or I-37 East on our Directions page.
14. Once I get to the University, where is the library located on the campus?
The library is on the east side of 24th street and across from Moye Hall. This map shows the library within the rest of the campus.
15. Where is parking available at the library?
Library parking is available at Ayres, Flores, Centennial, New East, Worden and Jersig lots, shown on this map. Cars without proper OLLU registration will be ticketed.
16. Can I get a listing of the entire library staff?
You can find the names, positions, telephone numbers, and email addresses of the entire OLLU Library staff on our Directory page.
17. How can I access the Library's databases from off-campus?
Only OLLU faculty, staff and currently registered students can access the databases from off-campus and you will need a valid OLLU email username and password to be able to log in. Read our instructions on how to access the library's databases from off-campus on our Off-Campus Access Instructions page.