Laptop and Mobile Hotspots Loan Program
Sueltenfuss Library offers laptops and mobile hotspots for full-semester checkout for currently enrolled students. For students who live outside Bexar County, the library will ship the checked-out laptop with instructions for return shipping. Laptop requests will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Use the online form below to request a laptop and/or a mobile hotspot. Students are required to sign the Technology Loan Agreement before the laptop and/or mobile hotspot will be checked out.
Following receipt of request, the library will contact the user to verify that a laptop and/or mobile hotspot is available.
- The loan period for laptops / mobile hotspots is one semester. Laptops / mobile hotspots are due at the end of the fall, spring, and summer sessions.
- No more than one laptop / mobile hotspot can be checked out to a student at a time.
- Student borrower agrees to assume full financial responsibility during the duration of the loan.
- The library is unable to provide technical support for borrowed laptops / mobile hotpots. If the equipment has hardware failure, the user should return it to the library. The library's ability to replace a malfunctioning laptop / mobile hotpot will depend on supply.
- The laptop, power adapter, and the original box must be returned to the library on or before the due date.
- If a laptop is lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out the user will be charged a replacement fee of up to $429.99 plus $50.00 processing fee.
- If a mobile hotspot is lost, stolen, or damaged while checked out the user will be charge a replacement fee of $40 plus a $15 processing fee. Lost boxes for mobile hotspots will be charged a $15 replacement fee.
- The replacement fee for the power adapter is $35, and the replacement fee for the laptop box is $15.
- When a laptop / mobile hotpots is overdue for 24 hours a hold will be placed on the student's university account. The student will not be allowed to check out the library materials and transcripts and registration may be blocked until all fines are paid or items returned.
Overdue, Lost, & Damaged Fees
|24 hours overdue||A hold is placed on the student's university account.|
|3 weeks overdue||$429.99 (full cost of laptop at the time of purchase and a $50.00 processing fee)|
|Damaged||$429.99 (full cost of laptop at the time of purchase and a $50.00 processing fee)|
|Lost Laptop Accessories||$15 for unreturned laptop box, $35 for unreturned laptop charger|
|Mobile Hotspot||$15 for unreturned mobile hotspot box, $40 for lost or damaged device|
Other Technology Available for Checkout
The library has many other types of technology, as well as games, available for check-out on the library's Technology and Games Check-Out page.